MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
School Of Allied Health Sciences
SAHS Program Highlights
- SAHS is well s
- Supported by well-equipped physiology, Anatomy, Exercise Therapy, Electrotherapy Manual Therapy and Isokinetic labs to provide students ample practice of tests and procedures.
- More than 50 free community service health camps have been organized by Dept. of Physiotherapy under MRIIRS contributing towards corporate social responsibility.
The Faculty prides itself on creating an environment of substantial academic freedom overlaid by rigorous, self-imposed standards of excellence and socially responsive practices.
- University of Tsukuba, Japan: Every year students of FAS gets an opportunity to attend the Summer training program held at TSI, Japan to enrich their knowledge and actively participate in various Programs being taken up in the university
- Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Finland: Dr. Deepti Sharma, Assistant Professor, School of Applied Science, MRIIRS conducted a one week program to teach Yoga Therapeutic techniques in Lahti University f Applied Science, Finland. They also extend learning exchange program for students of MRIIRS.
- Binawan Institute of Health Sciences,Indonesia: They offers a dual degree program in Masters of Physiotherapy.
- University Sains, Malaysia: Every year students of School of Applied Science visit Malaysia to participate in International Physiology quiz.
- Gerlev PE & Sports Academy, Denmark: This collaboration concurres to cooperate to organize and participate in joint seminars, workshops and publication activities.
- Haaga Helia University of Applied Sciences: Haaga Helia is part of the Finnish public educational system. It is privately run but steered and co-funded by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Laurea University of Applied Sciences: Laurea University of Applied Sciences is a university of applied sciences that operates in the region of Uusimaa, Finland. It offers programmes in Finnish and English. The university has six campuses that are located in the Greater Helsinki region.
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences: Metropolia University of Applied Sciences is the largest University of Applied Sciences in Finland situated in Helsinki metropolitan area. The university has four fields of study: culture, business, health care and social services, and technology.
- The FAS has tie-ups with approximately 15 renowned hospitals of Delhi-NCR for clinical training and internship placements like Batra Hospital, VIMHANS, IBS, Asian, National Heart, Metro Hospital etc
- The Department of Nutrition at FAS pays special attention to Industry-University Collaboration to leverage student’s placements, Joint R&D Projects with various National and International Organizations. Being a member of the Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) and Nutrition Society of India (NSI), all faculty members and students at its Nutrition & Dietetics department play a very active role in their academic and industrial programs.
- The faculty keeps organizing regular workshops for updating knowledge of staffs and students.
- The faculty has state of the art OPD and nutritional counseling facilities with a good patient load.
- FAS focuses on evidence based practice which is carried out in well equipped labs designed for research purposes.
- FAS focuses on complete holistic development of the students as Personality Development Programs and Inter disciplinary learning is incorporated in to the curriculum.
- FAS is keen on providing international exposure to its students in the form of international conferences. The department hosted the 14thCommonwealth Sport Science Conference in 2010 in which 600 people from all over India and 23 countries of the world participated.
- Last year MRIIRS hosted 7th Asia Pacific Conference on Exercise and Sports Science (APCESS) in October in association with Asian Council of Exercise and Sports Science (ACESS) where approximately 1000 national and international delegates participated.
MRIIRS is now a Q S Star rated University and has been conferred with Five Stars for Teaching, Facilities, Social Responsibility and Four Stars for Employability.
Prof. Dr. G L Khanna, Dean, School of Applied sciences, was conferred with Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Awards- 2016 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi for his achievement in the category of Sports Sciences on 28th of November, 2016 which was chaired by Hon’ble Railways Minister Mr. Suresh Prabhu.
Dr Divya Sanghi won the International Travelling Awards by International Osteoarthritis Research Society.
Students of Deptt of Physiotherapy have been awarded scholarships every year by Tsukuba University, Japan for their Summer Training Program.
Guidelines regarding withdrawal and refund of fee for UG, PG and Ph.D for Academic Session 2023-24 – Click here