MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
Department of English
The Department was established in the year 2013 and offered the degree of B.A. Honors to the students. It became a part of the Faculty of Media Studies and Humanities in 2015 and in addition to the B.A Degree course, an M.A Degree Course was offered to the students in 2015. At present, more than 145 students are pursuing their undergraduate and post graduate programs. The Department has a number of research scholars with specialization in major areas of literary studies like Postcolonial Literature, Translation Studies, Feminism etc.
Our commitment to the quality of education that we offer is reflected in our determination to maintain a relatively low student/teacher ratio and to give our students the benefit of direct contact with scholars in the field. The department organizes extra-curricular activities, in addition to lectures and interactive sessions with eminent national and international scholars and writers. The department has been actively involved in nurturing the talents of the students. The department publishes its annual Literary Compendium called “Unwinding Creativity”, tapping and publishing the creativity of the students. The department also has a culture of an annual Poetry Event “Expressing in Verse” and has introduced “Manav Theatre” for street plays and performances.
The aim of the department is:
- To conduct high quality research in English literature and English language teaching.
- To enable the students demonstrate their critical thinking, especially to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate ideas and texts, conduct and understand the process of research through identifying, analyzing, synthesizing, and documenting credible source material,
- To help the students understand and describe the role of literature in the development of cultures.
- To provide education and training of excellent quality both at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, the department utilizes its resource of Language Lab. The prime objective of the lab is to facilitate efficient teacher-student interaction, correct phonetic accent, and improve language proficiency and to develop their effective communication skills in the present world. A vast collection of audio, video, and printed materials is available for use, complemented by institutional-grade audio-visual equipment.
- To impart proficiency in major European languages to students, teachers and wider community for living and working successfully in multicultural and multilingual settings.
Guidelines regarding withdrawal and refund of fee for UG, PG and Ph.D for Academic Session 2023-24 – Click here