Affordable and Clean Energy
Sustainable Development Goal 7 focuses on ensuring access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. SDG 7 is essential for achieving many of the other Sustainable Development Goals, as access to modern energy is fundamental for eradicating poverty, improving health and education, and addressing climate change. By providing clean and sustainable energy for all, SDG 7 contributes to economic growth, environmental protection, and social development on a global scale. MRIIRS promotes the usage of affordable and clean energy by conducting various awareness programmes, competitions, pledges, etc. within and beyond campus.
- Energy and Environment Audits
To ensure that MRIIRS has an efficient energy management system and identify the areas where energy consumption is maximum, it has regularly undergone surveillance audits. Energy Management System of MRIIRS is ISO 50001:2018 certified since July 22, 2022 by Intercert Private Limited, and Environment Management System of MRIIRS is ISO 14001:2015 certified since July 04, 2022 by KVQA Certification Services Private Limited.
- Awards and Recognition
MRIIRS has won appreciation from different organisations for the spreading awareness about need of maintaining clean and green environment and reducing energy consumption by conducting various activities within and outside its campus.
- Energy Swaraj Foundation has felicitated MRIIRS with Silver certificate of Appreciation for making 500+ people Energy Literate.
- MRIIRS has also received appreciation from the Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education for facilitating and completing the green activities on campus by the faculty members and students.
- Environment Protection Programme
It’s a regular practice at MRIIRS to organize Week long Environment Protection Programme every year to create awareness amongst people about the usage of clean energy resources to protect Environment from harmful effect caused due to usage of non-renewable sources of energy. Various activities were organized during the awareness programme including Blog writing competition: “Nature Based Solutions”, and A quiz competition: “Know your Earth”.
- Awareness Program- Rethink, Reduce, Recycle: Empowering Communities for Change:
To spread awareness amongst students and faculty members of MRIIRS, an awareness programme on reduction of energy consumption through responsible waste management, and recycling habits, was organized by MRIIRS on for the students of different programmes.
- Awareness through Pledges:
Pledge on Renewable Energy
To spread awareness amongst the students and faculty members about Affordable and Clean Energy and promote a commitment to their integration into our lives, a pledge taking ceremony on Renewable Energy was organised by Internal Quality Assurance Cell, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies (MRIIRS) on August 22 and 23, 2023. Students and faculty members at MRIIRS took pledge that they are going to use renewable energy sources and reduce dependence on the non-renewable energy resources
Pledge on low Carbon Usage
Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Organized Awareness Programme on “Pledge on low Carbon Usage on 31st August 2023. During the pledge, students were briefed about the benefits of the reduction of carbon usage. Renewable energy is an endless resource that never runs out. It will ultimately run out, unlike fossil fuels, which we have a finite supply of on Earth.
- Quiz Competitions on “Clean and Green Environment
A clean environment ensures the elimination of harmful substances that can cause diseases and ecological imbalance. Green environment, on the other hand, play a significant role in absorbing carbon dioxide, reducing heat and providing habitats for various species. To promote appreciable knowledge among budding professionals regarding reducing carbon usage and increasing dependence on clean and affordable energy, a Quiz competitions are regularly organized at MRIIRS.
- Outreach Programmes to spread awareness regarding Energy Conservation, Mega Tree Plantation Drives in Adopted Village:
Tree plantation drives play a crucial role in energy conservation and the promotion of clean and green energy by reducing energy consumption, sequestering carbon, and contributing to a more sustainable and environmentally friendly community and world. MRIIRS regularly organizes Mega Tree plantation drives at adopted villages: Mohna, Maujpur, Hirapur, Nariyala, Panhera Khurd, Chainsa, Atali, Mothuka, Dayalpur, and Gadkheda
- Green Policy of MRIIRS
The Green Policy of MRIIRS, Faridabad aims to institutionalize best practices for environment protection, natural resource conservation and sustainable development through a human– environment co-existence model. The university is committed towards sustainability through effective participation and supervision of institutional resources with assurance of providing excellent teaching, learning and research environment.
The MRIIRS green policy ensures that the university works in a tenable manner by managing its water and energy consumption with a wise, responsible and efficient usage of water and energy.
- Prominent Publications Related to SDG-7
- Rural Energy Transition for Cooking in India—Revisiting the Drivers, Sustainability, Anandajit Goswami, Dr. Preeti Singh – https://doi.org/10.3390/su15097635
- A solar, thermal, and Piezoelectric Based Hybrid Energy Harvesting for IoT and Underwater WSN Applications, International Journal of Sensors Wireless Communications and Control, Dr. Geeta Nijhawan – http://dx.doi.org/10.2174/2210327913666221222145019
- An Analysis of Automotive Industry Standards for Electric Power Train Vehicles, SAE Technical Paper 2022-28-0394, 2022, Devendra Vashist – https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-28-0394
- Enhanced chimp optimized self-tuned FOPR controller for battery scheduling using Grid and Solar PV Sources, ELSEVIER Ltd. Journal of Energy Storage. Dr. Jyoti Verma – https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2023.107403
- Optimization technique for Renewable Energy Storage System for Power Quality Analysis with Connected Grid, International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems, Richa Adlakha – https://doi.org/10.1155/2023/4675421
- LTE-NBP with holistic UWB-WBAN approach for the energy efficient biomedical application, Multimedia Tools and Applications, Rashmi Agrawal – https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11042-023-15093-7
- Simulation and harmonic analysis of hybrid distributed energy generation based microgrid system using intelligent technique, Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, A. Khosla – http://dx.doi.org/10.11591/ijeecs.v30.i3.pp1287-1296
- Roles of SEO in Increasing Page Speed and Reducing Energy Consumption, International Journal of New Innovations in Engineering and Technology, Simple Sharma, Supriya P.Panda – https://www.ijniet.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/1.pdf
- Techniques Of Battery Selection For Usage In Electric Vehicles, International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts. (IJCRT), Devendra Vashist – http://ijcrt.org/viewfull.php?&p_id=IJCRT2211506
- Grid-Connected Photovoltaic System Stability Enhancement Using Ant Lion Optimized Model Reference Adaptive Control Strategy, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, Leena G – https://doi.org/10.1007/s12591-020-00525-9