MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
Faculty Of Commerce
About Faculty of Commerce
The journey of nurturing the aspirants in the area of Commerce started in 2013 and since then the faculty has shown a magnificent and remarkable growth. It offers cutting-edge programmes in Commerce which are in great demand in the market. The mission and philosophy of the faculty is to provide contemporary education in commerce using latest pedagogy and by providing infrastructural facilities at par with the best institutions in the country.
The central aim of the faculty is to inculcate skills in the field of commerce and among the students so that they are able to develop and manage businesses that serve best the cause of the society and the development of the nation.
Highest Salary: INR 8.7 lacs per annum
- The programs offered by the faculty of Commerce make the students capable to meet the current need of an industry.
- Provision for undertaking the courses of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) which is a global professional accounting body.
- Students need to complete 13 papers for an ACCA qualification. 9 papers are exempted in ACCA knowledge and skills modules. The student can write the ACCA 4 Professional Level papers from the second year.* (*Subject to approval from ACCA)
The Faculty of Commerce has modern classrooms with quality audio-visual equipment and computer labs with latest software and equipment’s. The entire campus is Wi-Fi with good connectivity. The students have access to world-class library stocked with a large number of books and professional journals and other academic resources. Students are encouraged in innovative and critical thinking in various computer languages, platforms and protocols.
It seeks to build research and innovation in the curriculum so that the students mind is ignited and inspired.
There is great thrust on practical applications. We provide a highly interactive learning environment so that the students get a full feel of the subject and get fully involved in the application of the subject.
Apart from rigorous classroom teaching, the students are given online practical assignments from time to time. There are regular mentoring sessions for each student in which academic and holistic problems of students are individually discussed and resolved.
- MRIIRS is now a Q-S Star rated University and has been conferred with Five Stars for Teaching, Facilities, Social Responsibility, and Four Stars for Employability.
- Accreditation by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘A’ grade.
- The courses offered are imbibed with the UGC approved Choice Based Credit System model whereby along with regular curricular a student is also exposed to basket of subjects from other disciplines.
- Students are also encouraged to use national and international platforms such as Swayam MOOCS, NPTEL, Coursera, Udemy, IIT/ISRO for completing their required credits under Choice Based Credit System model and getting exposure in inter-disciplinary fields.
- Industry-Academia interactions facilitates students to be industry ready. Regular industry expert talks, industrial visits, internships in graduation courses and dissertation in post-graduation course, encouragement to write quality research papers are part of learnings.
Strengths of FOC
- One of our key areas of strength is highly qualified, experienced, committed and professionally oriented faculty in the department.
- Faculty focuses on student mentoring, counselling, and guidance to nurture their personalities shine in the sky.
- Vertical mentoring system has been introduced whereby one to one mentoring focuses not only to look for solutions of mentees problem but also to guide them, to show them a pathway to have a bright vision in their lives.
- For holistic and personality development, extra-curricular activities are organized at departmental as well as central level on regular basis.
- Alumni Lecture Series is also conducted every semester which connects current students with Alumni
- Industry-Academia interactions in the form of industrial visits, expert lecture series
- Preparing students persona for placements right from starting semester of the course