MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
School Of Media Studies & Humanities
MRIIRS offers various industry-centric courses under the banner of Media Studies, Humanities. The courses make students industry-ready through workshops, short-term training courses and industry exposure.
- Enrichment Classes and Value Added Courses
- Workshops on various aspects of broadcast journalism
- State-of-the-art equipment, a well-equipped broadcast studio and Computer Lab
- Workshops on various aspects of broadcast journalism keeping in view the current technological trends, innovation in journalism and up to date workflows for news television. Students of PGD in (AD & PR) prepare 360◦ campaigns on various advertising and PR aspects.
- Live Case Studies, media tracking on topical issues, writing of investigative stories, surveys on various issues like media consumption habit, audience analysis and branding surveys etc. are part of the curriculum.
- SMeH has its exclusive YouTube Channel- MR Info line and a quarterly digital magazine “SMeH Echoes”.
- Guest Lectures, Enrichment classes, short-term training courses and value added courses are part of the curriculum.
- Academia and Industry Interface along with hands-on Training ensures practical exposure for students.
- Students are encouraged to work for regular in-house publications like “campus Buzz” and the “Reporter” so as to give them an insight into reporting, composing, layout designing and printing.
MRIIRS is now a Q S Star rated University and has been conferred with Five Stars for Teaching, Facilities, Social Responsibility and Four Stars for Employability.
Srishti Rana: BJMC (2009-12) An alumnus of the Faculty of Media Studies, 2012 batch, MRIIRS, is today among the galaxy of leading professionals in the fashion and glamour world. She reached the apogee of her chosen career by winning the Miss Asia Pacific crown and is the first recipient of the Dr O.P. Bhalla Pinnacle Alumnus Award.
- Srishti Rana: An alumnus of BJMC (Batch: 2009-12), Faculty of Media Studies, MRIIRS (Formerly MRIU- ‘Deemed-to-be-University’ under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956), is today among the galaxy of leading professionals in the fashion and glamour world. She reached the apogee of her chosen career by winning the
Miss Asia Pacific Crown and is the first recipient of the Dr O.P. Bhalla Pinnacle Alumnus Award.
- SMeH hosted a documentary/short film festival where budding student film makers from across the country gathered to showcase their ideas on varied topics through documentary and short films. More than 40 entries were received from all over the nation.
- SMeH organized ‘My Vote My Power’ Election Awareness Campaign wherein students and faculty members visited several villages in Faridabad and inspired them to vote and shared related information with them.
- SMeH organized National Media Conclave on ‘Fake News: Impact and Challenges’ wherein eminent media personalities shared their views with 450+ students from renowned media institutes of Delhi-NCR.
There are plethora of other career avenues in both Public and Private sector for the students of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Television: Reporter, Anchor, Producer, Copy Editor, Script Writer, Researcher, Production Executive, Video Jockey.
- Radio: Radio Jockey/Anchor, News Reader, Reporter, Producer, Programme Executive, Script Writer, Copy Writer.
- Internet & Mobile: MoJo, Digital Marketing, Content Writing, Content Designing.
- Newspaper and Magazine: Reporter/Correspondent, Feature Writer, Business Writer, Copy Editor, Sub-Editor, Photographer.
- Event Management: Event Executive, Event Manager and Event Designer.
Guidelines regarding withdrawal and refund of fee for UG, PG and Ph.D for Academic Session 2023-24 – Click here