The equal opportunities and facilities are provided to all sections of society / community at Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies. As such all the departments of the University pro-actively collaborate to ensure that students from all the sections of society successfully navigate their University life. With the believe in developing skills and abilities to work with people from all section of society and with a focus on enhancing the academic and social life of Minority students including LGBTQ+ students and covering the students from an ethnic and religious community, the Support Centre for Minority Group under Dr. O.P. Bhalla Foundation has been established in the campus. The centre shall function from BG-02 with following objectives:
- To enhance equal opportunities for education to the Minority Group for their social and academic development
- To provide timely advise and counselling to the students of Minority Group from time to time
- To facilitate financial support to the students from Minority Communities from within the internal resources under Dr. O.P. Bhalla Foundation Scholarships, from Govt. Agencies and from other sources. Also to create awareness among them regarding various scholarship schemes of Govt. agencies and UGC.
- To provide Career Orientation programmes and necessary counselling to empower and equipped them necessary skills to choose a better career option.
The Gender Sensitization Cell and Diversity and Inclusion Committee of the University shall be working closely with Dr. O.P. Bhalla Foundation for active and regular programmes for the awareness and upliftment of Minority students including LGBTQ+ students and covering the students from an ethnic and religious community.
The list of the LGBTQIA+ Activities done at Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies by Support Centre for Minority Group under Dr. OP Bhalla Foundation during Academic Year 2022-23:
- Insta Live with Rudrani Chhetri – 5th March 2022 (uploaded on March 13th)
Get inspired by our guest speaker @rudranichhetri, a transgender model, actor and activist under #colourpink campaign by Dr. OP Bhalla Foundation as she shared how she carved her own identity in this society despite all odds and is working to make life better for the transgender community in India.
2. Radio Show on Stories of LGBTQ Community from an Indian Historical perspective. Story Telling Session with Dr. Nupur Mathur (Uploaded on 27th June under Pride Month)
LGBTQIA+ Community is not a community of people affected by western culture. Witness the stories of this Community from the pages of Indian Mythology like you never heard before, from the words of Dr. Noopur Mathur, a Dentist, Storyteller, Writer, and Social Worker as she is hosted by RJ Bhavna from Radio Manav Rachna 107.8 FM
- Insta Live – LGBTQ Community and Mental Health with Ms. Aritra (June 22 – Live on Instagram, June 25 – Uploaded under Pride Month)
A series of talks, to begin a conversation around the LGBTQIA+ Community and educate people about their movement.
Watch this very informative and important live with our guest Ms. Aritra Chaterjee (@nuisance_queen) in conversation with Ms. Anubha Shrivastava (Manager-ISR), where she talks about the LGBTQIA+ Community and Mental Health.
Ms.Aritra is transgender-woman who goes by the pronouns (she/they). She is pursuing M.Phil in Clinical Psychology at University of Calcutta. She has been active in the Kolkata LGBTQIA+ circle and her area of work centers discrimination of gender and sexual minorities in mental health care spaces. She has a vision of queering mental healthcare systems and unsettling complicit stakeholders with a focus to introduce queer friendly language into the discipline.
4. Radio Show with Ms. Archie – (Uploaded on June 30 under Pride Month)
Witness an interesting interview with Ms Archie Singh (@mit_archie_official), runner-up of @missinternationaltrans 2021 as she talks about the LGBTQIA+ Community and her success story with RJ Bhavna from @radiomanavrachna