INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
Both as a part of regulatory requirement and as a part of best practices, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies has an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to drive quality processes. The Cell has been established under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chancellor, as per norms of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) to take quality initiatives for improving academic and administrative performance of the institution. The members of the Cell are drawn from various stakeholder groups including senior faculty members, university administration, employers/industry representatives, civil society members,alumni and student representatives. Meetings of IQAC are chaired by the Vice Chancellor and the decisions are executed by the Director IQAC.
The prime task of the Cell is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance by channelizing its efforts and taking measures towards promoting the holistic academic and administrative excellence of the units. Some of the major purposes of IQAC include development and application of quality parameters and organization of activities relating to enhancement of educational quality. The cell is engaged in evolving mechanisms for timely, efficient and progressive performance of the various academic and administrative units of the universities. IQAC deliberates over every aspect of quality relating to all the quality indicators, both in its concept as well as execution in the minutest detail.
IQAC at MRIIRS advises and oversees establishing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for various constituent processes and procedures of the University in order to thwart any degree of arbitrariness, wayward actions and makeshift arrangements unless some compelling situations justifiably demand otherwise.
IQAC also undertakes periodic academic review of the various departments in which specific measures for quality are suggested and implemented. The cell plays a key role in promoting quality culture in respective academic and administrative units. The cell also conducts faculty and staff development programmes, workshops and expert lectures from time to time to generate quality awareness among faculty and students for enhancing quality of education and student support services.Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC at Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies work towards realization of the goals of Quality Initiatives and Sustenance for all its Academic and Administrative Units.
Strategies are evolved by IQAC for:
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the Institution.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of Society.
- Optimization and integrations of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Enhancing the creditability of assessment and evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from prime stakeholders including students, faculty members, employers/industry experts and alumni on curricula and quality-related institutional processes.
- Periodic conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of programmes for Head of departments, Deans/Directors and other decision- makers to facilitate reforms in higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Coordinating quality-related activities including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Successful Establishment of Local Chapter of NPTEL-SWAYAM at MRIIRS.
- Successful Establishment of Nodal Centre of Virtual Labs, IIT Delhi at MRIIRS.
Virtual Labs project is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India under the aegis of National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT). Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad has been designated as the Nodal Centre of Virtual Labs, IIT Delhi (June 2020) under an Expression of Interest among two organizations. Regular awareness workshops are being organized for both the students and faculty members for the usage of modules/simulators for different engineering and computer applications related practical’s as available/newly developed on Virtual Labs platform.
- Successful Establishment of Remote Centre for Global National Knowledge Network (NKN) under the expression of interest (EOI) between ECE-FET, MRIIRS and ICT Academy Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur.
- Association of Spoken Tutorial Program, IIT Bombay with MRIIRS to learn free and Open-Source Software through Spoken Tutorial: MRIIRS is officially now an Academic Centre for Education through ICT, Govt. of India to spread IT Literacy all over India.
- MRIIRS is officially now a network institute of IIRS outreach network. Participants are acquiring an exciting learning experience in the field of Remote Sensing, GIS and GNSS technologies and their applications.
- Regular conduct of collaborative quality activities and orientation programmes on quality.
- Introduction and Implementation of Vertical Mentoring System.
- Online collation of stakeholder feedback responses on Curricula and Generic Facilities via icloud-EMS (Education Management System) followed by subsequent report generation.
- Fully functional OBE (Outcome Based Education) module on icloud-EMS for assessment and attainment of Course and Program Outcomes/Program Specific Outcomes.
- Well defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for various constituent processes and procedures of the University in order to thwart any degree of arbitrariness, wayward actions and makeshift arrangements unless some compelling situations justifiably demand otherwise.
These strategies and initiatives have paid rich dividends as corroborated by an overall enhancement in various processes including:
- Accreditation of B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering, B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering, B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering and MBA programmes by the National Board of Accreditation (Tier-I).
- All Technical courses: Engineering, MBA, B. Arch and MCA approved by AICTE; Arch also approved by COA and Dental courses approved by DCI.
- UGC grants 12 B status to Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies in affirmation to its strong focus in Research and Development.
- QS World University Rating (2019-20): 5 Star rating in Teaching, Employability, Academic Development, Facilities, Social Responsibilities and Inclusiveness. Overall QS 4 Star.
Notable and improved prestigious NIRF rankings (2022):
- In Engineering, MRIIRS is ranked at No. 105 across India.
- MRIIRS in the University category is placed in the Rank Band 101-150.
Notable and improved prestigious NIRF rankings (2021):
- In Dental Studies; Manav Rachna Dental College, MRIIRS has secured the 39thrank all-across India. It is the third best Dental College of Haryana as per the Ministry of Education’s NIRF Rankings 2021 (closely behind PGI Rohtak and MMU, Ambala).
- In Engineering, jumping 56 ranks in a year; MRIIRS is ranked at No. 118 across India. It is the third best for Engineering in Haryana (closely behind NIT Kurukshetra).
- MRIIRS has also moved ahead by one complete band (an approximate jump of 60 places) in the University category where it is placed in the Rank Band 101-150.
Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements
- MRIIRS has been Ranked as Band performer in the ‘Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements’ released by the Ministry of Education, GoI during 2021.
- MRIIRS has been ranked in Band A (rank between 6 & 25) under Private or Self-Financed Universities category in the ‘Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements’ released by the Ministry of Education, GoI during 2020.
Professor- CSE and Director IQAC, MRIIRS