MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
The postgraduate program in Economics is designed for comprehensive and in-depth study of Economics as a discipline at advanced level. It includes the study of economic theories with a blend of hands-on issues, quantitative techniques for analysis and applications to specific economic and public policy concerns. The specializations offered in the M.A./M.Sc. in Economics are: Advanced Economics including game/behavioural theory, Econometrics with advanced techniques/time series analysis and software application, Money-Banking and Financial Economics, Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, Industry and Agricultural Economics, Economics of Health and Education, Development Economics, Spatial and Network Economics, etc.
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list
|Merit preparation / short listing of candidates shall be on the basis of score in MRNAT 2024/ Marks in Qualifying Examination
For 2-Year programme: 45% marks or equivalent CGPA in 3- Year Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
For 1 Year programme: 45% marks or equivalent CGPA in 4-Year Bachelor Degree with Hons./Hons. with Research in any discipline from a recognized University.
|The students who have successfully completed their bachelors of Economics at MRIIRS may be eligible to do their masters from University of Winnipeg, Canada as per the following:
To enter the first year of the program, students must have achieved a minimum
CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0, equivalent
to “B” on a letter grade scale in the Economics (Honours) program at MRIIRS.
c. To progress to the second year of the program, students must achieve a minimum
B-average and a minimum grade of C in their courses for the qualifying years.Note: The eligibility criteria for the candidates qualified from IB Board or Cambridge International Examinations (IGCSE) shall be considered as specified below:
• For IB Board: Student should have secured a minimum of 26 points/credits with minimum of three subjects passed at Higher Level (HL) and three at Standard Level (SL).
• For Cambridge International Examinations (IGCSE): Minimum % shall be same as that for CBSE candidates. Candidate must be passed in minimum 5 subjects at ‘O’ level and minimum 2 subjects at ‘A’ level. These are mandatory to obtain equivalence certificate from AIU.
# # As per NEP 2020, the student admitted in 2-Year PG programme shall have the option to exit after 1-Year with award of PG Diploma by earning minimum required credits as specified in the curriculum of respective programme.
A student with 4-year UG Hons. / Hons. with Research can seek admission directly in 2nd Year of PG programme with additional Bridge Course wherever required.
Note 2: The eligibility criteria for the candidates qualified from IB Board or Cambridge International Examinations (IGCSE) shall be considered as specified below:
- For IB Board: Student should have secured a minimum of 26 points/credits with minimum of three subjects passed at Higher Level (HL) and three at Standard Level (SL).
- For Cambridge International Examinations (IGCSE): Minimum % shall be same as that for CBSE candidates. Candidate must be passed in minimum 5 subjects at ‘O’ level and minimum 2 subjects at ‘A’ level. These are mandatory to obtain equivalence certificate from AIU.
|Optional (Add-on) Course
|No. of Course
|No. of Course
|No. of Course
|No. of Course
|Principles of Economics
|Monetary Theory & Policy
|English Communication Skills
|Development of Macroeconomics
|Presentation &Personality Skills
|Growth & Development Theory
|Spatial & Network Economics
|Public Economics & Policies
|Economics of Health &Education
|Quantitative Data Analysis
|Advanced Economic Theory & Analysis
|Environment & Sustainable Development
|Environment & Resource Economics
|Review of Mathematical Economics
|Basic Econometric Theory
|Financial System &Institutions
|Workshop on Data Analysis
|Workshop on Statistical Software
|Indian Economic Issues &Policies
|Global Trading & Monetary System
- Perfect blend of industry-academia exposure
- Infrastructure conducive to promote learning and skill building
- Experiential and interactive approach for curriculum delivery
- Trained faculty from different academia and research organizations
- Well-equipped library with sufficient number of books
The study of economics opens up career opportunities in both the government and private sectors. It provides ample scope and prestigious positions nationally and internationally. Well-trained economists are placed across the government sector (including the Indian Economic Service and Reserve Bank of India Officer), corporate firms, several premier research institutes in India and abroad, international development agencies (like various organizations under the World Bank Groups, United Nations), banking/financial sector and several academic institutions. In the job market, there is an increasing demand for economic analysts, researchers and consultants.