MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
M.A. – Media and Communication
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list
|Merit preparation / short listing of candidates shall be on the basis of score in MRNAT 2024/ Marks in Qualifying Examination
For 2-Year programme: 45% marks or equivalent CGPA in any stream at Graduation level from a recognized university with pass in English in 10+2
For 1-Year programme: 45% marks or equivalent CGPA in any stream of 4-Year Bachelor Degree with Hons./Hons. with Research in any discipline from a recognized University with pass in English in 10+2
|A student seeking admission in M.A.- Media & Communication will have the option to go for either of the following specializations based on the basket of elective courses opted by him/her as per notified criteria of the University:
1) Print and Digital Journalism
2) Broadcast Journalism
3) Sports Journalism and PR Management
# # As per NEP 2020, the student admitted in 2-Year PG programme shall have the option to exit after 1-Year with award of PG Diploma by earning minimum required credits as specified in the curriculum of respective programme.
A student with 4-year UG Hons. / Hons. with Research can seek admission directly in 2nd Year of PG programme with additional Bridge Course wherever required.
Masters of Media and Communication is a two years degree programme divided into four semesters. Media today has become a part and participle of every body’s life and therefore MJMC provides an excellent opportunity for the individuals who want to seek an in-depth knowledge of the media industry and hone their skills in its various fields. The program aims at imparting a balanced knowledge of practical as well as theoretical fields of the industry along with the research works
MJMC: COURSE OUTLINE
- 1st semester – Introduction to Journalism and Media History, Communication Theory, Print Journalism , Advertising and Brand Management , Media and Industry Professions , Print Media Lab
- 2nd semester – Event Management, Electronic Media, Public and Corporate Communication, Media Ethics and Law, Media Market and Research Method, Electronic Media Lab
- 3rd semester – Media writing, Development Communication, Radio and TV Journalism, Online Journalism and New Media , Media Management
- 4th semester – Media Issues and Debates, Business Journalism, Sports Journalism, Entertainment Journalism, Case Method Project, Internship , Comprehensive Viva.
- State of Art infrastructure
- Regular tours inside and outside Delhi/NCR
- Industry Visits
- Documentary film festival
- Short film festival
- Photography Competition
- Research: Surveys, Case study projects
- Regular Conferences and Seminar on media-related topics
- Regular Panel Discussion and News Reading sessions
FMeH is proud to claim that we have been able to offer 100% placement opportunities to the batch 2017-18. This record holds good for the previous batches as well.
Our students have been placed in well known organizations like NDTV, Zee news, Delhi Press, Ministry of IB, UC News, Times Internet, Purani Delli Production House, Haryana news, DNA News Agency and many more.
A number of our students have been entrepreneurs and have started their own Organisations.