MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
FAQs – Computer Applications
Q1. What are the future prospects after completing BCA and MCA?
BCA and MCA degree holders can join industry with/on a profile of software developer, software engineer, software tester, graphic designer, animator, web developer, data scientist, data base administrator etc. After completing MCA program, students can also become part of research projects funded by Govt. and private agencies. Students can apply in other technical profile demanded by the Private, Public and Govt. sector after completing his/her MCA degree.
Q2. List of companies where our students are already placed after completing BCA and MCA.
Some of the major companies in which FCA students are placed : NIIT, HCL, Infogain, Hewitt, Eriscent, Accenture, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, L & T, Infosys, TCS, Adobe, ICS, Sunlife, Collabra, QA Infotech, Maintech, Successive Technologies, IBM, Honeywell, Dell, Cvent, Amazon, Rituam Info solutions, IDS Infotech, Minerva Technology Solutions, American Express, and the number is constantly growing.
Q3. What is the duration of BCA and MCA program?
BCA is a 3 years degree program and MCA (Normal) is a 2 years degree program.
Q4. What is the USP in doing Computer Application programme from FCA under MRIIRS?
Syllabus is designed as per the current industry trends so as to make students competent enough to join the best of IT industries as per their domain knowledge. We also emphasize on holistic development, ethical orientation and research activities. To promote research activities, students are encouraged to participate in Conferences/Seminars and publish research papers in Journals/Conferences. Course of ITR (Introduction to Research) is part of curriculum for every student. Department provides platform to the students to be associated with professional societies at National/International level like CSI, ACM, and IEEE etc.
Q5. What is the quality of the Faculty in MRIIRS and what is so innovative in their teaching methodologies?
The faculty members of department of Computer Applications are highly qualified and comprises of distinguished academicians from the best institutions and leading professionals from the corporate world with rich industry experience. The faculty lays great emphasis on continuous evaluation by means of well designed tutorials and practical sessions; every effort is made to reinforce the concepts taught in the classroom. Apart from teaching, the faculty members have been vigorously pursuing research and have been regularly publishing research papers in various National and International journals of repute as well as in prestigious conferences. The faculty members of FCA are also associated with various renowned professional bodies such as CSI, ACM and IEEE.
Q6. What kind of grooming programs are offered to the students?
In FCA, special personality development classes are being conducted for the holistic development of students. The curriculum of these classes covers – Soft skills, Aptitude, Verbal Reasoning, Resume Writing, Interviewing Skills and Presentation Skills. Trained faculties from Career Development Cell (CDC) are being deputed to conduct these classes in each semester for each of the FCA programs. Moreover we offer courses of employability Enhancement where students learn to develop and execute innovative ideas to enhance their employability skills.
Q7. What measures are taken to help the students in finding employment?
We have a well equipped central placement cell called Corporate Resource Centre (CRC) which is doing commendable job year after year. All the big corporate brands do come in Manav Rachna to hire our students. FCA conducts special coaching for improving the employability skills of the students. To provide all essential information’s related to recruitment process to each eligible student, we have two Training and Placement Officers (TPO) in the department who work as liaison between students and the central placement cell. Department also have collaboration with various IT industries in order to provide Internships and Vocational trainings to the students.
Q8. Normally what percentage of the students passing out of MRIIRS secures employment / placement?
Most of our students prefer to go for higher studies and competitive exams after their graduation program. More than 80% of the eligible students are placed through campus placement drive. FCA has achieved 100% placement for the MCA (2017-19) Batch with the highest package of 7 Lakhs.
Q9. Do you teach something other than the prescribed syllabus?
We organize Expert Lectures and Workshops for the students and faculty members in which we invite renowned resource persons from IITs and IT industry in order to enhance the skills required as per the latest demand of the industry.
Q10. Are students from non mathematical background eligible to join BCA/ MCA program?
A candidate is eligible to take admission in BCA program without Mathematics background. Even candidates from Humanities and Medical Background can also take admission in BCA and MCA programs. For admission in MCA program, a candidate must have mathematics at 10+2 level or in graduation.
B.Sc. Information Technology
Q1. How Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS), New Zealand is associated with MRIIRS for its B.Sc. – IT program.
Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS) Auckland, New Zealand is a unique tertiary institution providing UG and PG level programmes. It is also one of the New Zealand’s largest private degree-granting institutions. AIS has partnered with MRIIRS to support the delivery of NZQA-accredited programme in Information Technology (B.Sc. – IT degree).
Q2. Do the faculty members of the respective foreign college will come and interact with students?
Yes, the faculties from AIS do come time to tome and interact with students under Faculty Exchange Programme. The Faculty Exchange Programme is planned for two weeks every academic year in which a series of lectures and seminars are planned for Bsc IT students.
Q3. Are there any exchange programmes through which I can go and study in the concerned College for a semester?
Yes, a student has an option to spend a semester or a year at AIS, New Zealand. Also in BSc IT program, it is compulsory for every student to spend 4 weeks in AIS, New Zealand in third year.
Q4. What is the campus placement history of FCA programmes?
MRIIRS is having full-fledged placement cell known as CRC – Corporate Resource Centre. It helps student regarding their placement. Some of the major companies in which our students are placed are NIIT, HCL, Infogain, Hewitt, Eriscent, Accenture, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, L & T, Infosys, TCS, Adobe, ICS, Sunlife, Collabra, QA Infotech, Maintech, Successive Technologies, IBM, Honeywell, Dell, Cvent, Amazon, Rituam Info solutions, IDS Infotech, Minerva Technology Solutions, American Express and the number is constantly growing.
Q5. Are there any industry visits for my program?
Yes, there are several industrial visits organized to various organizations as per their relevance to the programs. In the industrial visits, the students are given exposure to the work culture of IT industry.
Q6. Does B.Sc. IT hold any workshops/ seminars?
Yes, a lot of workshops/ seminars are conducted in the department under various themes. We have three technical clubs under which various technical activities are planned. Also a lot of research activities are planned under the student chapter of CSI, ACM and IEEE.
Q7. Are students after completing BSc. Information Technology from FCA of MRIIRS eligible for getting admission in MCA Programme?
Yes, the students of B.Sc. Information Technology are eligible for joining any Masters programme. Students with B.Sc. IT degree will get direct admission to MCA 2nd year (i.e. MCA lateral entry). In fact, the exposure to IT subjects during the B.Sc. IT programme would prove a great help to students while attending their MCA programme.
Q8. What is the future scope of study after B.Sc. IT program?
A student can join any PG programme in India or abroad. As the students of B.Sc.IT are spending atleast 4 weeks at AIS during their degree programme, the job prospects are high at New Zealand also.
MCA with Dual Specialization
MCA with Dual Specialization is a professional program, considered to meet the rising demand for qualified professionals in the area of Information Technology and its applications. The program is designed towards current and emerging issues in IT and business and provides a solid theoretical background and excellent practical exposure to the students in programming, computational theory, network and database management, mobile technologies etc. to meet the growing manpower requirements of the Global IT Industry.
The dual degree offers many distinct academic, professional, cost and time benefits, making it possible for students to diversify or specialize depending upon their desire. In other words, you could build a career in either field or you could use your interdisciplinary knowledge and insight to create a niche career path for yourself. A dual degree aims for a better comprehension of your chosen subject of study. It may combine more than one subject, mostly in a horizontal spread, without compromising on intensity of the course and the credits.
Students seeking this master’s degree will have the option of specializing in two areas. Following is the list of courses that make the programme Unique
- Cloud Computing & IoT
IoT and cloud computing solutions are the future of the internet and are currently solving several business obstacles along with opening new avenues in business & research. New applications and services are being developed at each step to resolve the existing challenges. Cloud and IoT have a long road to cover to unlock their true potential in the future.
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
Data Science basically helps with creating insights from data that deals with real-world complexities and will be more accurate in predicting outcomes for new data points by Machine Learning tools.
- Cyber Security and BlockChain
With the increasing application of AI and IoT, the security of data and systems from hackers has always been a major concern. Usage of Blockchain for improved security by using device-to-device encryption to secure communication, key management techniques, and authentication is a potential use case to maintain cybersecurity in the IoT.
- Full Stack Development and DevOps
DevOps engineers manage infrastructure using code. They write scripts that can spin up and tear down development and testing environments on demand, adjust the monitor of those environments, and generally just flip cloud resources around like a pair of nunchucks. Full-Stack Developers create web applications. The term Full-Stack means they can write front-end and back-end code, and manipulate the database. Most professional web developers these days are full stack developers.
- Mobile Computing and Networking
It aims to provide students with an understanding of mobile technologies and how these technologies are utilized and integrated to meet specific business needs.
- Multimedia and Gaming with AR & VR
The aim is to train the students for utilizing their knowledge in gaming, and multimedia. This specialization will equip students with the required skillset that may motivate them to create their own start-ups utilizing augmented and virtual reality.
Unique Course Offerings
- The Curriculum is designed as per the IT industry.
- Planning to integrate the latest technologies with the learning content material to make the learning process simpler and understandable.
- Various Expert Lectures and Workshops for the students are conducted in which various renowned resource persons from IITs and IT industry are invited in order to enrich the skills required as per the latest demand of the industry.
- Students will exhibit practical knowledge of mathematics, computer science and project management in the work scenario.
- Strong Mentorship and Counseling system by top industry leaders
- Research focused approach.
- Doubt clearing Sessions/ virtual workshops/orientation sessions for educators and/or students
- Association with professional societies at National/International level like CSI, ACM, and IEEE
- Well-equipped central placement cell – Corporate Resource Centre (CRC) conducts special coaching for improving the employability skills of the students. In an endeavor to secure top-of-the-line in-campus recruitment of the students.
- Department also has collaboration with various IT industries in order to provide Internships and Vocational training to the students.
- A student can start his/ her career in any IT Industry, Education, Banking, Hotel industry etc. with a profile of Software Engineer, Product Manager, Software Tester, Graphics Designer, and Database Administrator, so on.
- A student can evaluate, verify, trouble-shoot, test and analyze an existing computer-based system, process, component or program
- Dedicated Innovation and Incubation Centre
- 6-month industrial training where the students get exposure or interact with the real life problems in industry.
- MCA degree holders can join industry with/on a profile of software developer, software engineer, software tester, graphic designer, animator, web developer, data scientist, database administrator etc. After completing the MCA program, students can also become part of research projects funded by Govt. and private agencies.
- Students are placed : NIIT, HCL, Infogain, Hewitt, Eriscent, Accenture, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, L & T, Infosys, TCS, Adobe, ICS, Sunlife, Collabra, QA Infotech, Maintech, Successive Technologies, IBM, Honeywell, Dell, Cvent, aAmazon, Rituam Info solutions, IDS Infotech, Minerva Technology Solutions, American Express, and the number is constantly growing.
FAQs – Department of Computer Science Engineering
Q 1. How many systems and other major equipment are available in each lab in the CSE Department?
With state-of-the-art facilities and upgraded infrastructure, the Department of Computer Science & Engineering believes in providing the best experience to the students. The technologically upgraded classrooms facilitate teaching through advanced ICT tools and techniques. The CSE Department has high tech labs supported by Microsoft, IBM to be utilized by the students for the learning and development of the software/tools. Also, Department has high quality, reliable, sustainable, and resilient infrastructure that includes different high-end computing machines and uninterrupted Wi-Fi and Internet Speed 1Gbps that is crucial for implementing the hackathons. The systems have configurations such as DELL i5 processors with 8GB RAM and i7 processors with 32GB RAM, Graphic card, GPU, 1 TB hard disk with uninterrupted Wi-Fi and Internet Speed 1Gbps. The Department has the following majors Lab with the latest Configurations and printing facility.
Technology Driven Labs:
- Centre for Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning & Cloud Computing
- Research, Innovation, Collaboration & Engagement (RICE) Lab
- High Performance Computing Lab
- Data Analytics Lab
- Coding Lab
- Full Stack Development Lab
- Agile Software Engineering Lab
- Visualization & Graphics Lab
- Programming Lab
Q 2. Do you have any specialized lab in association with Industry Partners?
Industry Partners always play an important role in enhancing the quality of existing programs. The department focuses on building a strong technical profile of the students. The following labs are developed with industry partners:
- Centre of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Cloud Computing Lab
- Full Stack Development Lab
- Visualization & Graphics Lab
- SAP Lab
Q 3. What are the recent achievements of the CSE Department in the field of education?
Following are the recent achievements of the students:
- SiddhantSaxena and Aishwarya Raj of B.Tech CSE-Specialization in Digital Forensics and Cyber security of 5th Semester have won the First Prize in Capture The Flag, Cyber Security Competition Organised by USIT, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- Pranav Agarwal from Batch 2019, Btech Computer Science and Engineering(Cyber Security and Forensics) won American Express CodeStreet 21 Hackathon. He won 75000 Rs and 6 Months Internship opportunity at American Express.
- Sonakshi and Sujal from Batch 2019 , Btech Computer Science and Engineering(Cyber
Security and Forensics) won Xpress Prodigy Award and won an amount of 1 Lakh Rupees ) In Hackathon Xpressathon1.0 organized by XpressBees in the project “Nearest service center allocation based on GeoCoordinates” on 31st Jan 2022.
- SiddhantSaxena, B.Tech CSE-Specialization in Digital Forensics and Cyber security got Selected for Internship in iCloudEMS.
- Mehul Singh Parmar, VanshikaBohra, Sainsh Sharma, Jasmeet Singh ,B.Tech CSE, won the first prize for project “Face recognition for Password security” in the event Reskill Azure devhack organized by SGT University in the year 2022.
- Three Projects from CSE titled “Crop image identification system, Alzheimer Detection system & AURU” have been selected for the 2nd phase of AICTE ChhatraVishwakarma award in the year 2020.
- Varun Mishra, Josemon Baby from Btech Computer Science and Engineering, 6th Semester won 2nd prize and a cash prize of Rs. 75000 for project on Global Intuitive Crash Avoidance”, under the guidance of Dr.PoonamTanwar, at the National Convention-Research & Innovation in Science and Technology, Organized by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, 26th April 2019.
- HrishikeshJangir from Btech Computer Science and Engineering, won 2nd prize for project presentation by Faridabad Industry Association in May 2019 under the guidance of Dr.CharuPujara.
- Abhay Narayan Singh, Meetesh Mehta, Jagriti, Sarthak won 3rd prize for project,” To design the world’s cheapest car simulator”, by Faridabad Industry Association in May 2019 under the guidance of Dr.NitashaSoni and Dr.Kamlesh Sharma.
- An Entrepreneurship Festival, ‘Idea Storm ESummit 2019’ was conducted by IIT Roorkee in Uttarakhand during February 2 -3, 2019. Our team Helix comprising DhruvRohatgi, Devdutt Sharma, TusharGarg, and Palak Gupta won second prize for the project ‘AIRY’ in ‘Productathon’.
- During the Virtual Reality Hackathon-2019, held at MIT Media Labs, Cambridge, USA during January 17-21, 2019, our team comprising AmritKaur B. Tech (CSE, 6th Semester), Mr. IshlokVashistha B. Tech (ECE, 8th Semester), bagged Best Project Award; winning a cash prize of 2500 USD. The team Developed: AccessiBild, an Interdisciplinary Project, developed using Microsoft HoloLens and Artificial Intelligence (AI), which enables people to examine a real-world environment like a restroom. In addition to this, they won Mentorship opportunity at MIT and an Oculus Go, which is a VR Headset.
- Microsoft IMAGINE CUP ASIA FINALS: Our teamCaelia smart automated drug delivery and anti pollution mask for Asthmatic and other chronic respiratory patients was selected for the Microsoft Imagine Cup’s ASIA Finals at Sydney, Australia during 12-17 Feb-2019. Team Caeli comprising AakashBhadana,VasuKaushik, Bharat Sundal, IshlokVashistha, DipeshNarwat, Rahul Gupta won the 1st place in the regional finals, winning $15,000, Azure Credits and qualified for the World Championship happening in Seattle during the first week of May.
- Robotics Escalade-2018, Robotics Competition held at IIT Guwahati during 30 August 2018 to 2 September 2018. Team from the students of CSE won the first prize winning a cash prize of Rs. 80000.
Events organized within the department:
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, FET, organized Internal hackathon for
Smart India Hackathon 2022 on March 24, 2022 as prerequisite of Smart India Hackathon 2022.
In order to inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mindset of problem solving, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering has motivated the students across the university to participate and register for SIH 2022. For official Nominations of SIH 2022, an Internal Hackathon 2022 has been organized on 24th March 2022, for which 23 teams have participated in different areas ranging from Education, Automation and Automobile, Environment Sustainability, Rural development, healthcare, cyber security, food technology, banking, Robotics. External jury members evaluated the ideas and subsequently, 15 teams have been selected and have been made with official nomination of SIH 2022.
Approximately 200 papers are published by the students under the guidance of faculty in renowned International Journals and Conferences.
Q 4. What are the various specialized courses embedded in the curriculum in which students can do research?
Department offer a bunch of industry oriented courses, few of them are: Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Graphics and Gaming, Virtualization, Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), Robotics, Wireless communication, Speech Processing, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, VLSI, Embedded Systems, Bioinformatics, Soft Computing, Algorithms, DBMS, Computer Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, Fuzzy Logic, Operating Systems, Data Mining, Simulation &Modeling, Entrepreneurship, Machine Learning,Natural Language Processing, Intelligent Information Retrieval, Deep Learning, IOT for AI, Reinforcement Learning, Pattern Matching, Digital Image processing, Data Science with python, Big data Analytics.
Q 5. Name major companies visited for campus placement, in the recent past.
The University provides facilities for both on-campus and off-campus interviews. Some of the companies where our students have been recruited are:
To The New
RDC Concrete (India)
Expert Lancing Research
Real Time Data Services (RTDS)
Think and Learn
To The New
Q 6. The highest package for computer pass-out student and the average salary package
The Highest package:INR 22 lacs per annum earned by Our student Mr VaibhavDagar ( B.Tech,CSE) in full-stack development Kazam EV Tech Pvt. Ltd.
The Placement/CRC cell of the University makes sure that all eligible students are given enough opportunities for campus recruitment for technical / non-technical profiles, as per their area of choice/expertise. However, the students need to make sure that they become eligible for the campus recruitment process by ensuring attendance, academic scores, participation in co-curricular/extra-curricular activities etc. Various companies visiting the campus have been offering salary packages varying from 5L-45L. The Department ensures that all the eligible students are groomed on technical/soft skills to clear the entrance test, group discussion and personal interview.
Q 7. What is the qualification of faculty members in the Computer Science & Engineering Department at MRIIRS?
50% of faculty members are PhDs from national & international universities and others are pursuing PhDs. They have vast research, academic and industry experience. They prepare students with a vision to make them industry ready, including live projects with best organisations to learn academic and industry excellence. They encourage students to take active participation in the class and during orientation programmes students have to participate in various activities.Ourfaculty is dedicated in making every student understand the course and train them to be life-long learners by mentoring and motivating students for future endeavours. For specialized courses, the faculty members undergo rigorous training by Industry Experts.
Research & Development
- Research papers/ Articles/Chapters Published: 634 in reputed Journals / Conferences with Impact Factors (0.24-6.118).
- 489 Papers are indexed in Scopus/Web of Science /Google scholar
- Patents Filed: 27
- Research projects applied: 12
Q 8. What is done by the Department to ensure that my son/daughter succeeds?
The Department nourishes the students in scholastic and co-scholastic activities by providing all the facilities of National and International level in the labs and classrooms. Potential efforts are made to bring them to the expectations of the Industries and utilise the latest trends in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology. The students are guided for writing research papers, innovative projects, patents, copyrights ‘in Design Thinking and Innovation course’. Multidisciplinary projects are encouraged at the department level.
Q 9. Is there any mentor system present in the department?
Yes. There is a cordial environment between the students and the faculty members so that students can get their problems solved easily. Faculty members, who act as a mentor to the group of 15-20 students, act as an interface between the students and higher authorities and guide them on a regular basis to make them successful in every field of life. The group of students with each mentor comprises students from each year. The students can interact with their seniors and juniors as well with the same interface.
Department has signed the MOU with various Industries to enhance student’s skill, to the latest / emerging technologies by introducing new course contents / electives / specializations / open study as per industry Requirement.
- Infosys Springboard
- Coding Ninja
- Top Engineers
- R Systems International Ltd.
- DELL EMC
- JP Tokyo
- Redhat Academy
- Google Developer Club
- Students are encouraged to undertake mini project/Major project work. The Department entails the student’s to experience designing and developing software. This makes students attain better knowledge in understanding the functioning of various software and its components. Some companies where students are working on live projects are:
- JP Tokyo
- R Systems International
Some of the best Projects done by the students
- Traffic Light negotiation and perception based detection.
- GEMS(Genius Education Management System)
- Stock prediction model
- Blockchain based NFT Store
- AI desktop Voice Assistant
- Landmark Identifier and Path detector on the basis of AQI.
- Virtual Trial Room for Online Shopping
- A 3D virtual reality game
- Transcript Summarization through NLP
- Software Defect Prediction using Transfer Learning
- Movie Recommendation system using Sentiment Analysis
- Dentist Posture Belt
- Griwaditi: Detection of Cervical Cancer
- Human Eye Motion Detection System
- Media Player Based on Emotion Recognition
- Digi Buzz, A Digital Data Sharing and Communication Platform
- Automated Parking System Humanitarian
- Immunology Vaccinator Embedded device”
- Participated in Advertising Strategy, E-week Celebrations
- Crop Image identification system
- Crash Avoidance system Using AI
- Analysis and Prediction of Suicidal Cases using Big Data
- Weather Forecast and Prediction Model
The CSE department at MRIIRS has collaborated with IBM, Microsoft to jointly offer B. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering with various specializations. The students acquire domain skills in the most advanced areas of IT and preferential placements by IT companies. Students enrolled in this programme have access to an online Eco-system Platform enabling them to access course material, discussion forums, student projects, industry mentors and news- clips. Following are some organisations where students have been offered Internships:
- Airport authority of India
- Gurugram Police
- American Express
Q 10. What can my son/daughter do with a degree in Computer Science?
After completing graduation in B. Tech (CSE), a student is eligible for Private as well as Government Jobs.:
Private Sector: IBM, TCS, Microsoft, HCL, Infosys to name a few are some organisation where students can look forward to their journey in the technical domain,
Government/PSU: Students can apply in Banking sectors, PSUs like BSNL, MTNL, DRDO, BHEL, NHPC, HAL, ISRO etc., Defence services, Officer cadre and Civil services also.
Good coding skills is an asset, and if you love coding, after just your graduation degree, one can apply for a Product based company like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Flipkart, Microsoft, Walmart, Adobe, Goldman Sachs and many more. These companies offer lucrative packages.
Higher studies options after B. Tech in Computer Science: Bachelor’s degree holders can specialize in specific fields while pursuing master’s degree. There are many colleges in India as well as abroad where the aspirants can complete their post graduate degree in Computer Science. Students can attain both technical and administrative skills by completing MBA. After completing B. Tech in CSE and B. Tech CSE with Specialization, the students get placed in a service or product-based company, become entrepreneurs, appear for GRE and TOEFL Examinations, apply for a M.S. degree at a foreign university,and appear in the UPSC Exams.
The students are given the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and open their wings to fulfill their dream. Students can pitch their ideas for setting up their own venture and if selected then MRIIRS NewGen IEDC encourages them by providing technical/infrastructural /financial support.
Q 11. Is there any placement Cell/support provided for job search?
There is a dedicated department namely CRCMC, which extends all types of support in inviting the industries and arranging campus placements for the students. The Department of CSE also guides them and conducts a specialized training to help them get placed in a MNC. Apart from this, Career Development Cell (CDC) prepares students for various companies throughout the year as an extended feature.
Q 12. What kinds of other platforms are available for co-curricular and extracurricular activities in the department besides normal course study?
The department organizes conferences at national and international level to provide exposure to the students with the research and development. The department has organized IEEE International Conference Com-It-Con 2022 during 26-27 May, 2022, where students, research scholars and academicians deliberated for three days on the recent developments in the cloud and parallel computing, Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence etc.
Technical Fest ANUBHUTI-22 supported by DST and NCSTC was organized in the department on 10-11 November. Anubhuti-22 is a combination of NavSrijan, Visual Merchandising, technical Workshop, Brain Teaser, Shark Tanks, Gamolution, Blind Coding, Bugz War, Reel Rooster, Tech-Charades, Project Showcase, Technical Maze, Logo Quiz, Web weaving.
To enhance the technical skills of the students, various workshops have been organized on the topics pertaining to the latest trends.
Expert lectures are also arranged from experts of industry and academia like DRDO, QCI, DST and IITs etc.
The department has chapters from professional societies such as CSI, IEEE, ACM. Through these societies students get a chance to network/interact with experts in the area of computer science.
Our students are also associated with social clubs like Rotary Club, Lion’s Club and Red Cross Society, involved in different social services like blood donation camps and relief camps. Department has formed student branches in association with different technical societies like IEEE, ISTE, CSI and ACM. The student branches are regularly organizing competitions and technical events at the regional and National level.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Faculty of Engineeringand Technology, ManavRachna International Institute of Research and Studies had organizeda cultural fest christened Computsav-22, on 5th and 6th April 22. Computsav-22 seeks tobring out the hidden talents of the participants in the diversified six events in their extra-curricular activities.
Students Achievement and Awards (apart from academics)
- 14 Startups
- Websites/ Games/apps (available on Google Play Store)
- Published books
- Published papers in Scopus Indexed Journals
- Students KashishHanda (6CSF), Nikita Rana (6CSF) and AdityaKoli (6CCB) participated in this Hackathon organized in IIT Delhi from 11th April, 2018 to 13th April, 2018 by Learning Links Foundation in association with US Embassy and stood 2nd position.
- YMCA University of Science & Technology, Faridabad organized “Culmyca-2018” Techno Cultural Fest on 12-14 April 2018. Two students Abhay Narayan and JagritiSharma, participated in a Website Design competition and won 2nd position.
- Students participated and won prizes in Hack-a-thons organized by various institutions (IITs) and companies (Intel, Microsoft, Accenture, Infosys, Nokia etc.)
- Students participated in various Project Competitions (Aspiration 2020), India Film Project 2K17, Food Hack-a-thon, GD Pro Junior, Air gun Shooting Championship, UGC-CEC Educational Video Competition, Football, Basketball etc. at National Level.
- Students have been invited for 22nd edition of the World Electronics Forum (WEF) to be held in Angers, France on 24th- 28th Oct 2017. This forum is a voluntary gathering of CEOs and Directors of Electronics Industry association worldwide.
- Department student’s projects were selected by Faridabad Industry Association (FIA) Faridabad and won First/Second prize every year.
- Mr. Sujit Roy of Batch (2013-2017) was selected for direct PhD after B. Tech by Alter University, Ireland.
Students are members of various Professional and Technical groups:
- Dell Campus Ambassador,
- Members of Android Google Developer Group,
- E-cell Ambassador
- Google Developer Students Club
Higher Studies: Students pursuing higher studies from reputed foreign universities
- National University of Ireland Maynooth, Ireland
- Sanjose State University, California
- Rochester Institute of Technology, New York
- University of Jaen, Spain
- University of Texas at Arlington
- Leeds University, Leeds, UK
- Stevens Institute of Technology, USA
Cultural Societies at ManavRachna Campus
- ManavRachna Music Society : SURTARANG
This group covers activities like solo singing, duet singing, group singing, jugalbandi, battle of bands, folk music, sufi, classical, western music, instrumentals, parody, jamming, music festivals, etc.
- ManavRachna Dance Society – MRIDAKSH
This troupe covers activities like solo dance, duet dance, group dance, western (salsa, jazz, street etc.), traditional, folk dance competitions, dance festivals, etc.
- ManavRachna Literary Forum
This forum covers activities like debate & declamation, MUN, youth parliament, quiz & GK, poetry, article writing, book reviews, film reviews, essay writing, news & views, literary festivals, TV anchoring & news reporting, panel discussions, story making & telling competitions etc.
- ManavRachna Arts Society AAREKH
This club covers activities like sketching, painting, clay modeling, pottery, cartoon making, caricature making, tattoo making, sculpture making, Rangoli making, festival of arts, Origami, art festivals etc.
- ManavRachna Theatrical Society PAIGAM
This troupe covers Covering activities like nukkadnataks, drama, skits, standup comedy, mono acting, mimicry etc.
- ManavRachnaFashionistas – AAIRA
This group covers activities like hairstyling, beauty contests, ramp walks, best dress, crazy caps, fashion shows, display/ tablo competition, fancy dress, character display (based on an era, writings), etc.
- ManavRachna Photography Club
This cluster covers activities like photography, film making, videography, photo walks, workshops, theme based photography, exhibitions, etc.
- ManavRachna National Service Scheme
This team covers areas like social responsibility of the environment, anti- ragging awareness, health & hygiene, sustainable development, education for all, Computers for all, language enhancement for housewives, education for labour kids etc.
- ManavRachna SPICMACAY Chapter
Q 13. What kind of Syllabus Structure is there in the CSE Department?
The curriculum is designed by Experts from Industry and Academia: IITs, JNU and other reputed Universities of the country. The Department implemented the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS), by incorporating elective subjects in the syllabus structure to provide a culture of Design your own Degree. It offers blended learning with provision for knowledge values and skill practice, where every student learns without compromising his/her creativity. Moreover, Personality development and Aptitude development training is an integral part of the syllabus.
Q 14. What kind of facilities Department of CSE is providing for Research?
Design Thinking and Innovation has been added to the curriculum to enhance the research capabilities of students. MRIIRS has subscription to National and International online journals of repute including from IEEE, Springer, DELNET, and CSI. There is an e-library facility for the students. In addition to this students are provided guidance on how to write research papers, file patents etc. MRIIRS also has the International Centre of Excellence in Research, Springer Nature Academic Research Lab set up in the campus.
Q 15. What are the extra activities in which the students are involved for overall development?
Students are provided with the opportunity to participate in various activities such as Talent hunt, Sports, Extempore, Group Discussions and various other competitions to enhance their skills. They also get the opportunity to present the knowledge through sessions conducted on AIR by Radio ManavRachna 107.8.
Students also regularly participate in several Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) activities such as Blood Donation, EkMuthhiDaan, Tree Plantation, Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan etc.
Q 16. What is so special about the programs being offered with different specialization in association with Microsoft, IBM?
B.Tech (CSE with specializations in association with Microsoft,IBM)
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing
- Digital Forensics and Cyber Security
- Gaming Technology
- Data Science
IBM and Microsoft have developed specialized modules in the above mentioned and other domain areas in consultation with the IT industry to enhance employability skills of Engineering Graduates. These include Learning Management System (LMS), Student Projects, Expert Lectures from the Industry, providing training to faculty members under the ‘Train the Trainer (T3)’ initiative, visits being arranged to software development and testing centers etc.
Students enrolled in these programs are extensively exposed to professional environment and industrial experience under the mentorship of academic and IT Industry experts. Those students who excel in the specified domain skills are definitely preferred by the reputed IT employers through campus drive.
IBM and Microsoft also issue certificates for various modules after successful completion in addition to MRIIRS Degree.
Students enrolled in these programmes undertake live projects under the mentorship of industry experts and go for industry visits in software development and testing centers.
Q 17. How is the degree/certificate issued for these programs?
While the degree is issued by the university, the students also receive a certificate of completion jointly from the company and the university highlighting the course and specialization as per the program requirements.
Q18. What are the best practices in the CSE Department?
- Student-centirc approaches to curriculum design and teaching.
- Problem/inquiry/research-based education.
- Well-planned and well-designed Rubrics (Formative assessment).
- NPTEL Lectures: To promote self-learning and to share knowledge among students.
- Virtual Lab: Exposure of Programming & Lab practices.
- Projects: To prepare students to develop live projects on their own.
- Content beyond Syllabus: Value added courses are planned to meet-out thecurrent trend in the industry and fill the gap.
- Course of actions and implementation as per Stakeholders Feedback
- Major focused to prepare the students for Product based Companies.
- Profile based training for Final Year Students
- Specialized Technical training from the perspective of placement.
- Coding Culture: Coding Competitions for CSE Students (Coding Culture): In today’s rapidly changing environment, programming skills are essential tools that can be utilized and incorporated into various fields and domains. Hence, it becomes absolutely essential to equip young minds with such skills.
- Roadmap is designed for students to be a Successful Developer/Software Engg/ Front -End Developer/ Back-End Developer/ Data Scientist/ Business Analyst/ Cloud Architect.
Q 19. What are the key benefits of B. Tech CSE & B. Tech Specialization Programme?
- Curriculum designed and delivered by a mix of qualified and experienced instructors from MRIIRS, FET, Faridabad, and leading industries in the field of software development.
- The curriculum coming up with Learning Outcome Based Curriculum
- Hands on sessions at IBM Software Lab and Microsoft Lab for Emerging Technologies on campus equipped with current tools and software.
- Access to IBM’s Learning Resources; online and in printed form.
- Real world projects and experiential learning.
- Project Based Learning.
- Experiment Based Learning.
- Online Tech Bootcamps.
- Earn IBM Skill Badges.
- Tech Mentor & Industry Leader Connect.
- The programs bring together the latest software content, real-world industry experiences, hands-on lab courses, proven practices and case studies for the participants.
- Professors are well qualified PhD holders & have high expertise in their field of study.
- Program courses -being part of every semester- have been designed by the industry experts.
- Industry aligned content & curriculum design based on Foundation, Core & Advanced subjects.
- Industry relevant topics of the Courses are delivered by the Industry Experts.
- Domain Specific Electives (Range of Electives offered in different Baskets).
- Contents tuned to global market demands.
- The focus on applied IT industry skills with emphasis on labs & hands-on
- Major benefits of this programme are webinars, online learning integrated with class room sessions, Discussion Forum, Industry Projects, Industry Mentors, Gurukool (week long engagement in Bangalore with the industry), Summer Excitement session at the campus, Poster competition, and Technical Paper competition.
Q20.Why B. Tech CSE Specialization with Microsoft is unique?
- Partnership with Microsoft
- Launched under the umbrella of Microsoft, Centre of Excellence.
- The Programme would depend heavily on hand-on practical training in various start of the art Microsoft, Centre of Excellence of the University
- Curriculum is framed based on the Industry needs and completely practical oriented.
- Curriculum is Dynamic, Fully Articulated, Realistic and Student oriented.
- Coding and passion for learning new algorithms and developing new ones.
- Course contents are multidisciplinary in nature and future oriented.
Guidelines regarding withdrawal and refund of fee for UG, PG and Ph.D for Academic Session 2023-24 – Click here